Aggression: warning signals. 10 stages of the last canine warning before a bite
Dog owners sometimes face behavioral problems. And the biggest behavioral problem is bites. And most often domestic dogs bite - and they bite mainly either children with whom they live in the same family, or children of acquaintances.
In the photo: dog aggression. Photo: google.by
But dog accusations of unpredictability, to put it mildly, are not entirely fair. Because dogs absolutely unequivocally warn about their intentions.
Many problems can be avoided, it is only more attentive to issues of canine well-being. After all, a bite for most of our favorites is already an extreme measure, when other means of communication have not yielded results. How can we avoid manifestations of dog aggression?
There are 10 stages of the canine “last Chinese warning”. Each dog owner should be able to distinguish between them and stop in time.
Aggression: warning signals
- The dog yawns, closes his eyes, licks his nose. This is a sign of discomfort.
- Pet turns his head away.
- The four-legged friend turns his back on you.
- The dog is trying to leave. Everyone (and children in particular!) Needs to learn to respect the dog’s right to “leave me alone”. And do not pursue her, and even more so - do not drive into a corner in the literal sense.
- If the situation does not improve, the dog presses his ears.
- Then it tightens the tail, contracts itself.
- Lays on its side, legs stretched out. Many people mistakenly take this position for expressing pleasure, this is a dangerous delusion. The pleasure and demand of love and affection - this is when the dog exposes the belly. The pose is stretched out on its side - an urgent request: "please leave me alone!"
- The dog wrinkles his nose, grins, shows his teeth, looks into his eyes - this is a direct threat.
- The dog growls. This is already a red zone, the danger is near, but while the dog is still trying to communicate. A growl is not always a sign of an attempt to dominate. Dog asksleave her finally alone. And you can’t be punished for this. If what you are doing is not a matter of life and death, stop doing it and let the dog escape.
- If the person is still deaf to requests, the dog is forced to use the last weapon - to use his teeth.
The dog uses all the signals available to it. Our task is to be able to recognize them.
In the photo: the dog warns of its intentions, but is still trying to negotiate peacefully. Photo: google
Small dogs (although this may seem strange) often go to bite much faster than large ones. They can quickly pass all stages to a growl. And there is an explanation for this. This is because most of the time the malyavas are convinced by sad experience: all the preliminary stages of communication are meaningless. For if a German shepherd or a rottweiler takes on a threatening appearance - probably most people will not get into trouble.And a lapdog or a York rather amuse and touches: oh, look how lovely, he wants to seem big and brave! Ooty ways!
The conclusion is simple: to avoid bites, you need to learn for yourself (and teach children) to understand the dog language (they learn to understand ours) and respect them, dogs, borders.