The puppy took a hit on himself, protecting the mistress from a poisonous snake!
On Friday, June 29, a resident of Antem, Arizona, Paula Godwin, went for a walk in the suburbs with her puppy Todd of the Golden Retriever breed.
It was a warm sunny day, and Paula walked carefree along the road when Todd suddenly saw something and jumped forward the mistress, covering her legs. And then something gray rushed at the dog from the grass.
As it turned out, the puppy saw a rattlesnake, and if he had not blocked Paula by himself, the snake would have bitten a woman's leg. And so the snake attacked the puppy and grabbed it by the cheek, which quickly swelled from the bite.
Rattlesnakes from the viper family and their bite is very dangerous for humans. After the incident, Paula drove Todd to the veterinary clinic, where they examined him and said that his life was in danger and he would recover soon. That same night, Paula posted photos of Todd with a swollen cheek on her facebook and wrote that a heroic puppy saved her life.
Todd’s photos and story quickly got on Twitter and from there in a couple of days spread across all social networks and sites, becoming “viral”. People admired the courage and courage of the puppy.
In the family of Paula, many keep golden retrievers and one of the relatives gave the little puppy to the girl this spring.